SYNOPSISgspl-ulist [ -options ]
DESCRIPTIONgspl-ulist lists the permissions of users known to the GNUspool print spooler system.
The invoking user must have edit admin file permission to use gspl-ulist.
OPTIONSNote that the order of treatment, letters and keywords described below may be modified by editing the file rest.help - see spsyntax(5). The environment variable on which options are supplied is "GSPL-ULIST" and the environment variable to specify the help file is "SPRESTCONF".
- -? or +explain
- causes a summary of the other options to be displayed without taking further action.
- -D or +default-format
- cancel the -F option and revert to the default format.
- -d or +default-line
- display an initial line giving the default options (default).
- -F or +format
- format the output according to the format string given.
- -H or +header
- generate a header for each column of the output appropriate for the format.
- -N or +no-header
- cancel the -H option.
- -n or +numeric-sort
- sort the list of users by the numeric user id (default).
- -S or +no-user-lines
- suppress the user lines. It is an error to invoke this and the -s option as well.
- -s or +no-default-line
- suppress the initial line giving the default options.
- -U or +user-lines
- display the user lines (default).
- -u or +user-sort
- sort the list of users by the user name.
- Save all the current options in a .gnuspool file in the current directory.
- Save all the current options in a .gnuspool file in the user's home directory.
Format argument.The format string consists of a string containing the following character sequences, which are replaced by various user permission parameters. The string may contain various other printing characters or spaces as required.
Each column is padded on the right to the length of the longest entry.
If a header is requested, the appropriate abbreviation is obtained from the message file and inserted.
- allowed form types
- allowed printer types
- allowed class code
- default priority
- default form type
- minimum priority
- maximum priority
- maximum copies
- default printer
- user name.
- "L" if the user is a valid user
The string "DEFAULT" replaces the user name in the default values line.
Note that the various strings are read from the message file, so it is possible to modify them as required by the user.
The default format is
%u %d %l %m %n %c %p
Privileges formatThe following are output via the %p format. Note that the actual strings are read from the message file, and are the same ones as are used by gspl-uchange(1). "ALL" is displayed if all privileges are set.
- edit admin file
- stop scheduler
- select forms other than restriction pattern
- select printers other than restriction pattern
- change priority once queued
- edit other users' jobs.
- select printer list
- stop and start printers
- select any priority once queued
- change own default priority within range
- add and delete printers
- override class
- unqueue jobs
- view (but not change) other users' jobs
- access remote jobs
- access remote printers
- access non-displayed job attributes
- freeze parameters from display
FILES~/.gnuspool configuration file (home directory)
.gnuspool configuration file (current directory)
rest.help message file
- space-separated options to override defaults.
- location of alternative help file.
DIAGNOSTICSVarious diagnostics are read and printed as required from the message file, by default rest.help.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
AUTHORJohn M Collins, Xi Software Ltd.