SYNOPSISgspl-user [ -options ]
DESCRIPTIONgspl-user provides 3 functions:
With no arguments it lists the permissions for the invoking user and exits.
With the -c option it enables the invoking user to edit his own default priority, form type and printer. The user must have change default priority permission to do this.
With the -i option it enables the invoking user to interactively review and update the list of permissions for all users. The user must have edit admin file permission to do this. For more information about the details of the interactive commands, please see the on-line help information, obtained by pressing ? (although this may be changed on your site). This section focuses on the command-line options which may be used to control the initial display.
OPTIONSNote that the order of treatment, letters and keywords described below may be modified by editing the file rest.help - see spsyntax(5). The environment variable on which options are supplied is "GSPL_USER" and the environment variable to specify the help file is "SPUSERCONF".
Certain commands available on-screen enable many of these options to be changed and saved in configuration files.
- -? or +explain
- causes a summary of the other options to be displayed without taking further action.
- -B or +no-help-box
- put help messages in inverse video rather than in a box.
- -b or +help-box
- put help messages in a box rather than displaying inverse video.
- -c or +form-and-prio
- interactively set default priority, form type and printer for the invoking user.
- -d or +display
is the default. A list of permissions is output to the standard
output, for example.
Default form a4 form types a4* Maximum copies 10 Priority: min 100 max 200 default 150. Current charge is 0. Default printer `' printer types `` Class code: A-Pa-p Privileges: You may Use other printers. You may Access queue options. You may Save new default options.
- -H or +keep-char-help
- when displaying a help screen, interpret the next key press as a command as well as clearing the help screen.
- -h or +lose-char-help
- discard whatever key press is made to clear a help screen.
- -i or +administer
- view and update the list of users
- -M or +no-error-box
- put error messages in inverse video rather than in a box.
- -m or +error-box
- put error messages in a box rather than displaying inverse video.
- -n or +numeric-sort
- sort users by numeric userid (default).
- -u or +user-sort
- sort users by user name
FILES~/.gnuspool configuration file (home directory)
.gnuspool configuration file (current directory)
gspl-user.help message file
spufile0 User control file
- space-separated options to override defaults.
- location of alternative help file.
DIAGNOSTICSVarious diagnostics are read and printed as required from the message file, by default gspl-user.help.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
AUTHORJohn M Collins, Xi Software Ltd.