SYNOPSISha <command>[<option><option>...] archive [ name ... ]
DESCRIPTIONAfter the program name comes a command name (single letter) and options (single letters, appended to the command name without a space).
- Add files matching search pattern to archive.
- Extract files matching search pattern from archive.
- Extract files matching search pattern from archive using path information stored in archive.
- List files currently in archive.
- Delete files matching search pattern from archive. If archive does not contain any files after deletion it is removed.
- Freshen files in archive. All files matching search pattern and newer than version already in archive are updated to archive.
- Update files to archive. All files matching search pattern that are newer than version already in archive or are not yet in archive are updated to archive.
- Test files in archive.
Try compression method #. More than one can be specified.
0-CPY Simple copying of files.
1-ASC Default method using sliding window dictionary followed by arithmetic
coder. Offers quite good compression on wide variety of file types.
2-HSC Compression method based on finite context model and arithmetic
coder. Quite slow for binary data, but offers very good compression
especially for longer text files.
- Assume answer yes on all questions.
- Touch files when extracting. Sets file times to current machine time.
- Recurse through subdirectories while searching for files matching search pattern.
- Full listing of stored file information.
- Move files when archiving. Files are removed from disk after they are successfully written to archive.
- Set system specific file attributes when extracting files.
- Find special files when archiving.
- Do not store pathname information.
- Quiet operation.
- Make separate entries for directories. Saves information about empty directories, directory attributes etc. in archive.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Mikhail Gusarov <[email protected]> for Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).