hcidump [option [option...]] [filter]
hcidump reads raw HCI data coming from and going to a Bluetooth device (which can be specified with the option -i, default is the first available one) and prints to screen commands, events and data in a human-readable form. Optionally, the dump can be written to a file rather than parsed, and the dump file can be parsed in a subsequent moment.
- Prints usage info and exits
- -i <hciX>
- Data is read from hciX, which must be the name of an installed Bluetooth device. If not specified, and if -r option is not set, data is read from the first available Bluetooth device.
- -l <len>, --snap-len=<len>
- Sets max length of processed packets to len.
- -p <psm>, --psm=<psm>
- Sets default Protocol Service Multiplexer to psm.
- -m <compid>, --manufacturer=<compid>
- Sets default company id for manufacturer to compid.
- -w <file>, --save-dump=<file>
- Parse output is not printed to screen, instead data read from device is saved in file file. The saved dump file can be subsequently parsed with option -r.
- -r <file>, --read-dump=<file>
- Data is not read from a Bluetooth device, but from file file. file is created with option -t, --timestamp Prepend a time stamp to every packet.
- -a, --ascii
- For every packet, not only is the packet type displayed, but also all data in ASCII.
- -x, --hex
- For every packet, not only is the packet type displayed, but also all data in hex.
- -X, --ext
- For every packet, not only is the packet type displayed, but also all data in hex and ASCII.
- -R, --raw
- For every packet, only the raw data is displayed.
- -C, --cmtp=<psm>
- Sets the PSM value for the CAPI Message Transport Protocol.
- -H, --hcrp=<psm>
- Sets the PSM value for the Hardcopy Control Channel.
- -O, --obex=<channel>
- Sets the RFCOMM channel value for the Object Exchange Protocol.
- -P, --ppp=<channel>
- Sets the RFCOMM channel value for the Point-to-Point Protocol.
- -D, --pppdump=<file>
- Extract PPP traffic with pppdump format.
- -A, --audio=<file>
- Extract SCO audio data.
- -Y, --novendor
- Don't display any vendor commands or events and don't show any pin code or link key in plain text.