[ -h midashome ] [ -r midvers ]
[ -d display ] [ -m mid_work ]
DESCRIPTIONhelpmidas starts a standalone GUI help for MIDAS.
Without arguments, helpmidas initiates a MIDAS help session with default definitions. Some of these definitions can be modified with arguments in the command line of helpmidas or by environment variables. Arguments in the command line are taken with preference to environment variables.
OPTIONShelpmidas has been configured by the operator at installation time to start the binary XHelp.exe located in $MIDASHOME0/$MIDVERS0/gui/execdirectory (defined internally in the script). However alternative releases can be specified using the:
- -h midashome
- Home directory for MIDAS. Absolute pathname containing, at least, one release of MIDAS. It may also contain subdirectories for demo and calibration data.
- -r midvers
- Release of MIDAS to be executed. It must be a subdirectory under midashome.
- -d display
- Specifies another X server for the display and graphical MIDAS windows ( NOTE: be aware of allowed access to a remote X server using the xhost(1) command.)
- -m mid_work
- Specifies the MIDAS startup directory (default: $HOME/midwork). This GUI will create this directory if it does not exist and uses in to keep some temporary files.
ENVIRONMENThelpmidas can also use the following definitions in the environment with the same performance as previous described arguments.
- Home directory for MIDAS.
- Release of MIDAS.
- X server for the display and graphical MIDAS windows.
- Startup directory for MIDAS.