SYNOPSISinndf [-Fhi] [-f filename] directory [directory ...]
DESCRIPTIONinndf was originally a replacement for "df | awk" in innwatch.ctl(5) and innstat(8), and now also reports various other usage information about INN's storage that df(1) doesn't understand. inndf doesn't sync, forks less, and is generally less complicated than df(1).
Its default behavior is to report free kilobytes (not disk blocks), or free inodes if -i is used, in the file systems holding the directories given on the command line. (A kilobyte in this case is 1024 bytes.) If only one directory is given, the output will be a simple number; if more than one directory is given, the output will be formatted for human readability.
If enableoverview is set to true in inn.conf, inndf can also be used to get information about the overview database. With the -n option, it reports a count of the total number of overview records stored. With -o, it reports the percentage of space used in the overview database (for those overview methods where this is meaningful data).
- -f filename
- filename should contain a list of directories to use in addition to those given by the arguments, one per line. Blank lines and anything after "#" on any line are ignored.
- Like -f except that the filename is pathetc/filesystems and it is not an error if this file doesn't exist. (This option is used primarily by such things as innstat(8), so that the news administrator can add additional file systems to check to pathetc/filesystems without having to modify the script.)
- Print a usage message and exit.
- Report the number of free inodes rather than the amount of free disk space.
- Report the total number of records in the overview database. Note that crossposted articles will have one overview record for each newsgroup they're posted to.
- Report the percentage usage of the overview database space. This is only meaningful for overview methods that pre-allocate a certain amount of space rather than grow to accomodate more records. Currently, this flag is only useful for the buffindexed overview method.
EXAMPLESPrint the free kilobytes in pathspool as a simple number:
inndf <pathspool in inn.conf>
Report the free inodes in pathnews and pathspool in a format designed for human readability:
inndf -i <pathnews> <pathspool>
The same, but also add in all file systems in pathetc/filesystems:
inndf -i -F <pathnews> <pathspool>
Print out the number of overview records and the percentage space used by a buffindexed overview database:
HISTORYinndf was written by Ian Dickinson <[email protected]>. This manual page was written by Swa Frantzen <[email protected]>. Thanks also to the following folks for ports, patches, and comments:
Mahesh Ramachandran <[email protected]> Chuck Swiger <[email protected]> Sang-yong Suh <[email protected]> Brad Dickey <[email protected]> Taso N. Devetzis <[email protected]> Wei-Yeh Lee <[email protected]> Jeff Garzik <[email protected]>
and to all the other folks I met and worked with during my 10 years as a newsadmin.
Katsuhiro Kondou added the -n and -o options. Russ Allbery added reporting of percentage free disk space. Support for -f and -F was added by Fabien Tassin <[email protected]>.
$Id: inndf.pod 8232 2008-12-14 17:05:57Z iulius $