DESCRIPTIONThis command is only called internally by FAI and not directly by the user.
install_packages is a Perl script written for FAI to selectively install, hold, remove, or purge packages or tasks. Its function is to parse the package_config files based on the class definitions of the client. For example, if the client belonged to the SMTPSERVER class, install_packages would parse ../package_config/SMTPSERVER for instructions on what packages to install, hold, remove, or purge.
- Only download packages instead of installing them. Variable $aptoptions must be set.
- Show help, version and summary of options.
- Show list of all available commands for the file in package_config.
- Print only the list of all packages that would be installed, then exit.
- Print the list of all packages with version number that would be installed, then exit.
- -m MAX
- Install only MAX packages at a time. Same as setting the shell environment variable MAXPACKAGES.
- Dry run. Do not execute installation commands, just print them.
- Do not check package names whether they are valid.
- -p DIRECTORY
- Read the configuration files from DIRECTORY instead of $FAI/packages_config.
- Download source of binary packages that are installed. Currently supported only for apt-get/aptitude based installations.
NOTESinstall_packages expects to find the FAI_ROOT directory, the location of class definitions, package configurations, and custom install scripts, somewhere in the filesystem.
The FAI package configuration directory.
AUTHORThomas Lange <[email protected]>