SYNOPSISkaleidocycle [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-count number] [-speed number] [-wander] [-no-wander] [-spin axes] [-no-spin] [-wireframe] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONThe kaleidocycle program draws a ring composed of tetrahedra connected at the edges that twists and rotates toroidally. Segments are occasionally inserted or removed.
OPTIONSkaleidocycle accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -count number
- The initial number of segments. Default 16. Must be 8 or greater, and an even number.
- -speed number
- Adjust the animation speed. 0.5 for half as fast, 2.0 for twice as fast.
- Move the text around the screen. This is the default.
- Keep the text centered on the screen.
- Which axes around which the text should spin. The default is "Z", meaning rotate the object the plane of the screen only.
- Don't spin the text at all: the same as -spin "".
- Render in wireframe instead of solid.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001-2013 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORJamie Zawinski <[email protected]>