SYNOPSISkatoob [options] files...
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the katoob commands.
katoob is a light weight, multi lingual, BiDi aware text editor. It supports opening and saving files in multiple encodings. The main support was for Arabic language but more languages are currently supported.
OPTIONSThis program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program.
- -u, --usage
- Display brief usage message.
- Read input from the standard input.
- Specifies the files to be opened. Multiple files are supported but they should be separated by spaces, Reading from pipes is also supported by using a dash "-". If no files specified, Katoob'll start with an empty document.
- User's configuration files directory
- Main configuration file
- Recent files list
- Global program directory
- Opening multiple files:
- katoob foo.txt bar.text zot
- Opening a file called foo and the output of cat:
- cat bar | katoob foo -
- Reading from a pipe:
- ls | katoob -
- Reading from multiple pipes:
- katoob - -
Here katoob'll try to read from the standard input 2 times. To close the standard input you should press CTRL-D For each dash passed, Katoob'll reopen the standard input and read from it.