SYNOPSISledcontrol [OPTIONS] COMMAND...
PACKAGE DESCRIPTIONLedcontrol is both the name of the ledcontrol package and a script in it. This section deals with the ledcontrol package in general; the rest of the man page with the script.
Ledcontrol is a package which allows you to show arbitrary information on the normally-unused keyboard LEDs. It is fully scriptable, so you can show any TRUE/FALSE condition accessible or indicate an arbitrary value. It supports blinking LEDs with priority levels and animations. The LEDs not used function as normal.
Ledcontrol works both in X and on a text console.
Ledcontrol consists of the following pieces:
- The LED daemon. ledd must be running when the other programs are used. On startup, it executes programs and/or scripts to tell it how to set the LEDs. It is configured in ledd.conf (see ledd(8) and ledd.conf(5)).
- The default script to start on startup. It should not be executed by the user. It is configured in ledcontrol.conf (see startup.sh(8) and ledcontrol.conf(5)).
- A script that gives commands directly to ledd. Can be used from the command line to set the LED states (documented in this file).
- A graphical front-end for ledcontrol made using GTK+. Useful for testing commands and experimenting (see gled(1)).
ledcontrol can be used to set the LED states of ledd(8) from the command line or scripts. It searches the default (or given) configuration file for pipefile parameters and chooses a suitable pipe through which to give ledd the command. The following options are accepted:
- -h, --help
- Show short help message.
- -v, -V, --version
- Show version information.
- -c FILE, --config FILE
- Read configuration file FILE for pipefile commands. Several files may be given by repeating the option. Disables reading of default configuration file.
- -p FILE, --pipe FILE
- Add FILE to the list of pipes to choose from. Several pipes may be given by repeating the option. Disables reading of default configuration file.
For a description of COMMAND, consult ledd(8) section COMMANDS.
LICENSELedcontrol and all its pieces (including the script ledcontrol) are distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- default configuration file for ledd