int lfc_setcomment (const char *path, char *comment)
DESCRIPTIONlfc_setcomment adds/replaces a comment associated with a LFC file/directory in the name server.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current LFC directory or the full LFC pathname.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The named directory does not exist or is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or the caller effective user ID does not match the owner ID of the file or write permission on the file/directory itself is denied.
- path or comment is a NULL pointer.
- The length of comment exceeds CA_MAXCOMMENTLEN.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team