- license [filename]
In addition to showing you and allowing you to change the embedded license in a file, the license also can show and allow you to change the embedded "web statement URI", a link to a web page with information about the file that you can use to verify the embedded license.
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run the application with --help.
- Show summary of options.
- Output more information about the actions of the program.
- Output less information about the actions of the program.
-a JURISDICTION --list=JURISDICTION
- List all avialbale licenses in JURISDICTION (uses the generic jurisdiction if JURISDICTION is not specified).
- Sets the license of the file (to the license specified by "-l").
- Removes the embedded license metadata from the file.
-l URI --license=URI
- When setting the license of a file or the default license preference, set it to URI.
- Sets the web statement link in the file (to the value specified by "-w").
- Removes the embedded web statement metadata from the file.
-w URI --web-statement=URI
- When setting the web statement URI in a file, set it to URI.
-u MODULE --use=MODULE
- Use the module called MODULE to interact with a file.
- List the available modules and their capabilities. Modules are used to handle different media types.
This manual page was written by Asheesh Laroia <[email protected]>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU Lesser General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL.
Copyright © 2008 Asheesh Laroia