The file /etc/zypp/locks is read by libzypp at start-up if zypp.conf allows it. The entries are used for initial locking of packages. Locking a package means not allowing to install or uninstall it.
Valid entries are of the form:
- Where attributes and their values are described below.
Locks are separated by an empty lines.
All attributes are lower-case.
specifies repository restriction. Only alias is accepted.
By default all repositories match.
resolvable type restriction. The values can be
By default all types match.
if strings are matched case sensitive. The values are
The default is case insensitive.
status of object. Possible states are
all. If more install statuses are specified then the last one is used. The values are
for all packages which are installed,
for packages which can be installed or reinstalled and
The default is all.
type of string matching in values. Does not affect
which must be specified exactly. The values are
for regular expressions,
for matching as on the command line, and
The default is substring.
- String to be matched in multiple attributes. Should be restricted by another attribute with empty value (it is recommended, because without restriction expect some performance problems).
Restrict the lock only to some versions. It contains two parts: an optional operator and the version.
The operator is ==, !=, <, >, ⇐, >=. If operator is not specified then == is used.
The version has the format [epoch:]version[-release].
Example: version: < 0:0.11.4-2
- name of object (e.g. zypper)
- summary of object
- architecture of object (e.g. x86_64, i586)
- description of object
- license text of objects which request accepting license by user
- license of package (only for package) (e.g. GPL2)
- keywords which specify package (only for package)
- authors of package (only for package)
- package group (only for package) (e.g. Development/Tools/Version Control )
- reference for update (e.g. bugzilla,cve) (only for patches)
- This is the way YaST UI does it. Lock k3b (e.g. you don't want to update it).
-----locks----- type: package solvable_name: k3b match_type: exact case_sensitive: on
- This is the way "zypper addlock cross-*-gcc-icecream-backend" does it.
-----locks----- type: package solvable_name: cross-*-gcc-icecream-backend match_type: glob case_sensitive: on
- Do not install new GCC. This format is used when converting from the openSUSE-10.3 lock format.
-----locks----- solvable_name: gcc match_type: glob version: > 4.2
Anything named KDE
- Locks everything which contains kde in the name.
-----locks----- solvable_name: kde
Anything mentioning KDE
- Locks everything which contains kde in the name, summary, or description.
-----locks----- query_string: kde solvable_name: solvable_summary: solvable_description:
This manual page only covers the most important attributes. The complete list is available at http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/Locksfile