DESCRIPTIONltpcli is a background ``daemon'' task that receives LTP data transmission blocks, extracts bundles from the received blocks, and passes them to the bundle protocol agent on the local ION node.
ltpcli is spawned automatically by bpadmin in response to the 's' (START) command that starts operation of the Bundle Protocol; the text of the command that is used to spawn the task must be provided at the time the ``ltp'' convergence layer protocol is added to the BP database. The convergence layer input task is terminated by bpadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. ltpcli can also be spawned and terminated in response to START and STOP commands that pertain specifically to the LTP convergence layer protocol.
- ltpcli terminated normally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use bpadmin to restart ltpcli.
- ltpcli terminated abnormally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. Investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file, then use bpadmin to restart ltpcli.
FILESNo configuration files are needed.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSThe following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file:
- ltpcli can't attach to BP.
- bpadmin has not yet initialized Bundle Protocol operations.
- No such ltp duct.
- No LTP induct matching local_node_nbr has been added to the BP database. Use bpadmin to stop the LTP convergence-layer protocol, add the induct, and then restart the LTP protocol.
- CLI task is already started for this duct.
- Redundant initiation of ltpcli.
- ltpcli can't initialize LTP.
- ltpadmin has not yet initialized LTP operations.
- ltpcli can't open client access.
- Another task has already opened the client service for BP over LTP.
- ltpcli can't create receiver thread
- Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart LTP.