lxpanel is a program that provides a panel for the desktop, usually for LXDE. It is a lightweight GTK+ 2.x based desktop panel.
- • User-friendly application menu automatically generated from .desktop files on the system.
- • Launcher bar (small icons clicked to launch apps)
- • Task bar supporting ICCCM/EWMH `urgency' hint (Pidgin IM windows can flash on new incoming messages)
- • Notification area (system tray)
- • Digital clock
- • Run dialog (type command to run, without opening a terminal )
- • Net status icon plug-in (optional)
- • Volume control plug-in (optional)
- • lxpanelctl, an external controller lets you control lxpanel in other programs. For example, "lxpanelctl run" will show the Run dialog in lxpanel, and "lxpanelctl menu" will show the application menu. This is useful in key bindings provided by window managers.
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- Print help on the options.
- Print the program version.
- Set the logging level in the range 0 (silent) through 5 (verbose).
-p NAME, --profile NAME
- Set the profile to be loaded.
- config file, can be edited by preference dialog.
This manual page was written by paulliu [email protected] for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.
Copyright © 2008 paulliu