SYNOPSISlziprecover [,options/] [,files/]
DESCRIPTIONLziprecover - Data recovery tool and decompressor for the lzip format.
Lziprecover can repair perfectly most files with small errors (up to one single-byte error per member), without the need of any extra redundance at all. Losing an entire archive just because of a corrupt byte near the beginning is a thing of the past.
Lziprecover can also produce a correct file by merging the good parts of two or more damaged copies, extract data from damaged files, decompress files and test integrity of files.
Lziprecover is not a replacement for regular backups, but a last line of defense for the case where the backups are also damaged.
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -V, --version
- output version information and exit
- -a, --trailing-error
- exit with error status if trailing data
- -A, --alone-to-lz
- convert lzma-alone files to lzip format
- -c, --stdout
- write to standard output, keep input files
- -d, --decompress
- -D, --range-decompress=<range>
- decompress a range of bytes (N-M) to stdout
- -f, --force
- overwrite existing output files
- -i, --ignore-errors
- make '--range-decompress' ignore data errors
- -k, --keep
- keep (don't delete) input files
- -l, --list
- print total file sizes and ratios
- -m, --merge
- correct errors in file using several copies
- -o, --output=<file>
- place the output into <file>
- -q, --quiet
- suppress all messages
- -R, --repair
- try to repair a small error in file
- -s, --split
- split multimember file in single-member files
- -t, --test
- test compressed file integrity
- -v, --verbose
- be verbose (a 2nd -v gives more)
If no file names are given, or if a file is '-', lziprecover decompresses from standard input to standard output. Numbers may be followed by a multiplier: k = kB = 10^3 = 1000, Ki = KiB = 2^10 = 1024, M = 10^6, Mi = 2^20, G = 10^9, Gi = 2^30, etc...
Exit status: 0 for a normal exit, 1 for environmental problems (file not found, invalid flags, I/O errors, etc), 2 to indicate a corrupt or invalid input file, 3 for an internal consistency error (eg, bug) which caused lziprecover to panic.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to [email protected]
Lziprecover home page: http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/lziprecover.html
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2016 Antonio Diaz Diaz. License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.