mailping-store reads an email from standard input and writes it into a maildir chosen according to following logic:
- If EXTENSION is not set, select Maildir.
- 2. If EXTENSION is set, ensure its value is safe to use, and select EXTENSION/incoming.
mailping-store is usually run from a .forward file, and thus the filenames above are relative to the home directory of the account in question.
Normally, mailping-store is used to ease the setup of new circuits to probe from mailping-cron. This is done with a system account mailping using <[email protected]yourhost.example.com> as the from address, and <email@example.com> (or some remote address aliased to that) as the to address. In fact, these are the default values for from and to, so you can just skip creating those configuration files.
This allows adding new test circuits without any changes to the email configuration.
- Maildir to store the email to.
- Maildir to store the email to, if no extension was given.
- Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping
- Name of the current circuit to store the mail for.
Tommi Virtanen <[email protected]>
Copyright © 2004 Havoc Consulting