SYNOPSISmake-jpkg [OPTION]... [FILE]
make-jpkg builds a Debian package from the given Java distribution FILE.
Supported java binary distributions currently include:
* Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) :
- The Java Development Kit (JDK), version 6, 7 and 8
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6, 7 and 8
- The Java API Javadoc, version 6, 7 and 8
(Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!)
The following options are recognized:
- --full-name NAME
- full name used in the maintainer field of the package
- --email EMAIL
- email address used in the maintainer field of the package
- create a .changes file
- add debian revision
- build a source package instead of a binary deb package
- Replace the JVMs keystore with a softlink to the system's keystore, (/etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts) which is managed automatically by the ca-certificates and ca-certificates-java packages.
- display help text and exit
- output version information and exit
Download a supported JRE, JDK, API tar.gz or self-extracting archive from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads and execute make-jpkg file with the downloaded file. The program asks the user for additional information and builds a Debian binary package in the current directory.
The program requires about 200 MB free disk space in a temporary directory. The temporary directory defaults to /tmp but you can specify an alternate directory by setting the environment variable TMPDIR.
EXAMPLETo install Oracle(TM) 7 Standard Edition JDK, download a release - 64 bits version of update 2 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u2-download-1377129.html in this example - and invoke make-jpkg:
- make-jpkg <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz
This generate a Debian package in the current directory, that can be installed using dpkg:
- dpkg -i oracle-java7-jdk_7u2_amd64.deb
When you're done, you can delete initial download as well as generated package:
- rm <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz oracle-java7-jdk_7u2_amd64.deb
- base directory used for temporary files (defaults to /tmp)
- full name used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied then the default of "Debian Java Maintainers" is used.
- email address used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied the default of "[email protected]" is used.