makempy takes MetaPost output files (*.mpo) and translates them to *.mpy files. In order to include text as a graphic into a file typeset with (Con)TeX(t), you extract the text from Postscript of PDF files using pdftops(1) and pstoedit(1), creating a Metapost input file.
This file can then be processed by makempy. The makempy script does its work without user intervention. When it deduces that there are no changes, it does not do anything; otherwise it reports its steps and any errors.
- print basic usage information
- don't report status messages
- always process the file (no checksum test)
- don't remove temporary files when finished
- use pdftops(1), part of the xpdf(1) programs, to convert PDF to PostScript
use GhostScript (see pdf2ps(1)) to convert PDF to PostScript
When set, the environment variables GS and GS_PROG will be used to identify GHOSTSCRIPT. The names of the other programs that are used can be set with PDFTOPS and PSTOEDIT.
This manual page was written by Frank Küster <[email protected]>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It may be used and modified by others without contacting the author.