DESCRIPTIONThe mate-panel program provides the panels for the the MATE Desktop Environment. It is the area on your desktop from which you can run applications and applets, and perform other tasks. New applets may also be installed ,added to, or removed from the panels.
By default, mate-panel typically creates a panel on the top of the screen with applets such as a Menu Bar, Notification Area, and Clock; While creating a second panel on the bottom of the screen with a Window List and a Workspace Switcher. Panels can be created, deleted, moved around the desktop, and to other monitors.
This manual page documents the mate-panel command.
- Replace a currently running instance of mate-panel.
- Reset the panel configuration to the default setting.
- Open the "Run Application" dialog, also accessible by pressing ALT+F2.
- X display to use.
- -?, -h, --help
- Print standard command line options.
- Print all command line options.
This program also accepts the standard GTK options.