SYNOPSISmBgModel [-i niter] [-l(evel-only)] [-d level] [-r refimg] [-s statusfile] images.tbl fits.tbl corrections.tbl
DESCRIPTIONmBgModel is a modelling/fitting program. It uses the image-to-image difference parameter table created by mFitExec to interactively determine a set of corrections to apply to each image in order to achieve a "best" global fit.
- -i -niter
- Number of iterations (without switch, defaults to 5000). Can be between 1 and 32767.
- Calculate level adjustments only (ie, don't attempt to match the slopes)
- -d level
- Turns on debugging to the specified level (1-3).
- -r refimg
- Turns on additional debugging for the nth image in images.tbl.
- -s statusfile
mBgModel output and errors are written to statusfile instead of to stdout.
- Image metadata table generated by mImgtbl.
- Plane fitting table generated by mFitExec.
Output table of background corrections
RESULTOutput table containing corrections to be applied to each image.
- [struct stat="OK"]
- Argument for -i (string) cannot be interpreted as an integer
- Number of iterations too small (niter). This parameter is normally around 5000.
- Argument for -r (string) cannot be interpreted as an integer
- Cannot open status file: statusfile
- Failed to open output filename
- Invalid image metadata file: filename
- Need columns: cntr nl ns crpix1 crpix2 in image info file
- malloc() failed (ImgInfo)
- realloc() failed (ImgInfo)
- Invalid background fit parameters file: filename
- Need columns: plus minus a b c crpix1 crpix2 xmin xmax ymin ymax xcenter ycenter npixel rms boxx boxy boxwidth boxheight boxang
- malloc() failed (FitInfo)
- realloc() failed (FitInfo)
- malloc() failed (CorrInfo)
- realloc() failed (CorrInfo)
- Debug reference image out of range (0 - n)
- Invalid fit type
Allocation failure in ivector()
After running mDiffExec to create a set of difference images in diffdir, we generate an image difference table using mFitExec: sample fits.tbl.
- $ mBgModel images.tbl fits.tbl corrections.tbl
- [struct stat="OK"]
This results in the creation of corrections.tbl.
BUGSThe drizzle algorithm has been implemented but has not been tested in this release.
If a header template contains carriage returns (i.e., created/modified on a Windows machine), the cfitsio library will be unable to read it properly, resulting in the error: [struct stat="ERROR", status=207, msg="illegal character in keyword"]
It is best for the background correction algorithms if the area described in the header template completely encloses all of the input images in their entirety. If parts of input images are "chopped off" by the header template, the background correction will be affected. We recommend you use an expanded header for the reprojection and background modeling steps, returning to the originally desired header size for the final coaddition. The default background matching assumes that there are no non-linear background variations in the individual images (and therefore in the overlap differences). If there is any uncertainty in this regard, it is safer to turn on the "level only" background matching (the "-l" flag in mBgModel.
COPYRIGHT2001-2015 California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California
If your research uses Montage, please include the following acknowledgement: "This research made use of Montage. It is funded by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number ACI-1440620, and was previously funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Earth Science Technology Office, Computation Technologies Project, under Cooperative Agreement Number NCC5-626 between NASA and the California Institute of Technology."
The Montage distribution includes an adaptation of the MOPEX algorithm developed at the Spitzer Science Center.