mbrola is a speech synthesizer based on the concatenation of diphones. It takes a list of phonemes as input, together with prosodic information (duration of phonemes and a piecewise linear description of pitch), and produces speech samples on 16 bits (linear), at the sampling frequency of the diphone database.
It is therefore NOT a Text-To-Speech (TTS) synthesizer, since it does not accept raw text as input. In order to obtain a full TTS system, you need to use this synthesizer in combination with a text processing system that produces phonetic and prosodic commands. For instance, you may use package freephone to obtain complete English TTS.
A `-' instead of pho_file or output_file means stdin or stdout. Extension of output_file ( raw, au, wav, aiff ) tells the wanted audio format.
OPTIONSmbrola understands following command line options.
Show summary of options.
Display the database information if any.
Ignore fatal errors on unknown diphone.
- -c comment_char
- Set COMMENT char (escape sequence in pho files).
- -F flush_command
- Set FLUSH command name.
- -v volume
- Volume ratio. Float ratio applied to output samples.
- -f freq_ratio
- Frequency ratio. Float ratio applied to pitch points.
- -t time_ratio
- Time ratio. Float ratio applied to phone durations.
- -l voice_freq
- Voice frequency. Target frequency for voice quality in Hz.
- -R rename_list
- Phoneme rename list of the form: `a A b B ...'
- -C clone_list
- Phoneme clone list of the form: `a A b B ...'
- -I file
- Initialization file containing one command per line. CLONE, RENAME, VOICE, TIME, FREQ, VOLUME, FLUSH, COMMENT, and IGNORE are available.