SYNOPSISmcomix [OPTION...] [PATH...]
DESCRIPTIONMComix is a user-friendly, customizable image viewer. It is specifically designed to handle comic books (both Western comics and manga) and supports a variety of container formats (including CBR, CBZ, CB7, CBT, LHA and PDF).
- -h, --help
- Display the help text and exit.
- -s, --slideshow
- Start the application in slideshow mode.
- -l, --library
- Show the library on startup.
- -v, --version
- Show the version number and exit.
- -f, --fullscreen
- Start the application in fullscreen mode.
- -m, --manga
- Start the application in manga mode.
- -d, --double-page
- Start the application in double page mode.
- -b, --zoom-best
- Start the application with zoom set to best fit mode.
- -w, --zoom-width
- Start the application with zoom set to fit width.
- -h, --zoom-height
- Start the application with zoom set to fit height.
The zoom modes are mutually exclusive, and if more than one is specified, the first will be used.
The path to one or more files or directories to be opened.
Required:Python 2.5 or later (3.0 and later is not supported).
PyGTK 2.14 or later.
PIL (Python Imaging Library) 1.1.5 or later. Alternatively, Pillow (a fork of PIL) can be used.
Distribute or Setuptools. Distribute supersedes Setuptools on most distributions.
Recommended:unrar, rar or libunrar to extract RAR archives.
p7zip to extract 7Z archives. Note that p7zip might be able to extract RAR archives as well, but this might require additional software (for example, p7zip-rar on Debian-like systems), and it might fail to open certain RAR archives, especially newer ones.
lha to extract LHA archives.
mupdf for PDF support.
pysqlite (if not already built into Python).
BUGSPlease report any bugs to the MComix bug tracker at
CONTACTThe MComix home page is