mdb-tables [-S] [-1 | -d delimiter] database
DESCRIPTIONmdb-tables is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools.
It produces a list of tables contained within an MDB database in a format suitable for use in shell scripts.
- Show system tables. System tables are generally those beginning with 'MSys'
- specifies that the tables should be listed 1 per line.
- -d delimiter
- specifies an alternative delimiter. If no delimiter is specified, table names will be delimited by a tab character, or by newline if the -1 option was specified.
- Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1).
- Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv.
semi-column separated list of options:
- debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options
HISTORYmdb-tables first appeared in MDB Tools 0.3.
AUTHORSThe mdb-tables utility was written by Brian Bruns.
- Access allows for tables to have spaces embeded in the table name.
You must specify a delimiter (-d) if you intend on piping the output of mdb-tables to a program such as awk or cut.