SYNOPSISmetacity [--display=DISPLAY] [--replace] [--sm-client-id=ID] [--sm-disable] [--sm-save-file=FILENAME] [--sync] [--composite] [--no-composite] [--no-force-fullscreen] [--version] [--help]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly metacity.
metacity is a minimal X window manager aimed at nontechnical users and is designed to integrate well with the GNOME desktop. metacity lacks some features that may be expected by traditional UNIX or other technical users; these users may want to investigate other available window managers for use with GNOME or standalone.
- Connect to X display DISPLAY.
- a window manager which is running is replaced by metacity. Users are encouraged to change the GNOME window manager by running the new WM with the --replace or -replace option, and subsequently saving the session.
- Specify a session management ID.
- Disable the session management.
- Load a session from FILENAME.
- Make X calls synchronous
- Turn compositing on
- Turn compositing off
- Don't make fullscreen windows that are maximized and have no decorations
- Print the version number.
- -?, --help
- Show summary of options.