SYNOPSISmididings [options] "patch"
mididings [options] -f filename
DESCRIPTIONmididings is a MIDI router and processor based on Python, supporting ALSA and JACK MIDI.
Many features are provided:
- MIDI routing and filtering
- Filter events depending on their event type, channel, note number, velocity, etc., and freely route them between an arbitrary number of input and output ports.
- Modifying and converting MIDI events
- Transpose notes, apply velocity curves, change controller values and ranges, or convert events to any other MIDI event type. mididings also includes more complex functions like a diatonic harmonizer, floating split points, latched notes, and more.
- Seamless switching between patches
- Set up different "scenes", each with its own MIDI routing and processing, and switch between them at any time, even while playing. Switching scenes does not affect notes already held, and does not result in dropouts or stuck notes!
- MIDI event monitoring, running external commands
- Print MIDI event data to the console to help debugging your patches and configuring your MIDI controllers. In addition to its MIDI output, mididings can also execute shell commands and send OSC or DBUS messages.
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- -b BACKEND
- name of backend to use
- -c CLIENT_NAME
- ALSA or JACK client name
- -i IN_PORTS
- number of input ports
- -o OUT_PORTS
- number of output ports
- -d START_DELAY
- delay (in seconds) before starting MIDI processing
- -f FILENAME
- filename of script to run