SYNOPSISmidish [-bhv ]
DESCRIPTIONMidish is a MIDI sequencer/filter implemented as an interactive command-line interpreter (users wanting to use midish interactively may consider using the rmidish(1) utility). Here are some of its features:
- Multiple MIDI devices handling
- Synchronisation to external MIDI devices
- Filtering/routing (controller mapping, keyboard splitting, ...)
- Track recording, editing, quatisation
- Import and export of standard MIDI files
- Tempo and time-signature changes, user configurable metronome
- System exclusive messages handling
The options are as follows:
- Do not process $HOME/.midishrc or /etc/midishrc and stop on the first error on the standard input. Useful for scripting
- Print usage information.
- Print additionnal info before each line of input, useful to front-ends and for dubugging.
Once midish started, the interpreter processes the $HOME/.midishrc file (or /etc/midishrc if the later dosn't exist) and starts prompting for commands. For further information about the syntax of midish refer to the ``Midish user's manual''
- startup script
- startup script (if $HOME/.midishrc doesn't exist)
- midi(4) devices used by midish