SYNOPSISmkdiskimage [-doFMz4] [-i id] file cyl head sect
DESCRIPTIONThis is a convenient tool to generate a hard disk image, pre-formatted according to the MS-DOS specification, and having stated properties.
A disk image named file will be created, large enough to have cyl cylinders, head heads, and sect sectors. Using -M, the value of cyl will instead be interpreted as size in MBytes.
Additional settings include ZIP type disks, FAT32 formatting, and the inclusion of an emulation header.
- Use the fourth partition table entry. This is the standard for ZIP-disks.
- Format the partition using a FAT32 file system.
- The argument cyl is given in Megabytes. Recalculate this to get the count in cylinders.
- Add a DOSEMU header.
- -i id
- Specify the MBR identity field as id.
- Print to stdout the file system offset.
Use a ZIP-disk geometry. This needs heads=64 and sect=32.
HOMEPAGEMore information about the Syslinux project can be found on the homepage at <http://www.syslinux.org/>.