SYNOPSISmpt-status [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONThe mpt-status software is a query tool to access the running configuration and status of LSI SCSI HBAs. mpt-status allows you to monitor the health and status of your RAID setup.
- ~ --autoload
- This will try to automatically load the mptctl kernel module.
- -u --controller <int>
- Set the IOC unit (controller).
- -h --help
- Print some help information.
- -n --newstyle
- Use the new style output. This parameter was introduced to retain backwards compatibility. If not set, you get the old style output. It is very likely that the output of the newstyle format will change heavily in the future, so do not rely on it when writing plugins for monitoring software, for example.
- -i --set_id <int>
- Set id of primary device (check README).
- -p --probe_id
- Use this to probe SCSI id's when not on id 0.
- -q --quiet
- Do not display any warnings.
- -s --status_only
- Only print the status information. This can be used for easy scripting
- -v --verbose
- Print verbose information, such as warnings
- -V --version
- Print version information
- -d --debug [<int>]
Enable debugging and set level optionally.
NOTE: This is not fully implemented yet.
DIAGNOSTICSThe program's exit(2) status is meant to be interpreted as a bit mask. If everything went well, zero is returned. If not (i.e. if for example an error or unknown condition is detected), the bits of the return value shall be interpreted as:
|1||2||A logical volume has failed|
|2||4||A logical volume is degraded|
|3||8||A logical volume is resyncing|
|4||16||At least one physical disk failed|
|5||32||At least one physical disk is in warning condition|
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to your linux distribution or software vendor, if mpt-status was bundled on your installation. If you have been compiling mpt-status from the vanilla sources and experience problems, redirect them to preferably <[email protected]> or <[email protected]>.
BUGSBesides design bugs, gross software engineering and missing features, this software is considered pretty stable and can be used in production environments.