SYNOPSISmultipath [-v verbosity] [-b bindings_file] [-d] [-h|-l|-ll|-f|-t|-F|-B|-c|-q|-r|-i|-a|-u|-w|] [-p failover|multibus|group_by_serial|group_by_prio|group_by_node_name] [device]
DESCRIPTIONmultipath is used to detect and coalesce multiple paths to devices, for fail-over or performance reasons.
- -v level
verbosity, print all paths and multipaths
- no output
- print the created or updated multipath names only, for use to feed other tools like kpartx
- 2 +
- print all info : detected paths, coalesced paths (ie multipaths) and device maps
- print usage text
- dry run, do not create or update devmaps
- show the current multipath topology from information fetched in sysfs and the device mapper
- show the current multipath topology from all available information (sysfs, the device mapper, path checkers ...)
- flush a multipath device map specified as parameter, if unused
- flush all unused multipath device maps
- print internal hardware table to stdout
- force devmap reload
- ignore wwids file when processing devices
- treat the bindings file as read only
- -b bindings_file
- set user_friendly_names bindings file location. The default is /etc/multipath/bindings
- check if a block device should be a path in a multipath device
- allow device tables with queue_if_no_path when multipathd is not running
- add the wwid for the specified device to the wwids file
- check if the device specified in the program environment should be a path in a multipath device.
- remove the wwid for the specified device from the wwids file
- reset the wwids file to only include the current multipath devices
- -p policy
force new maps to use the specified policy:
- 1 path per priority group
- all paths in 1 priority group
- 1 priority group per serial
- 1 priority group per priority value. Priorities are determined by callout programs specified as a global, per-controller or per-multipath option in the configuration file
- 1 priority group per target node name. Target node names are fetched in /sys/class/fc_transport/target*/node_name.
- Existing maps are not modified.
update only the devmap specified by
which is either:
- a devmap name
a path associated with the desired devmap; the path may be in one of the following formats:
AUTHORSmultipath was developed by Christophe Varoqui, <[email protected]> and others.