SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device scbus device ncv
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to an NCR 53C500 based PC-Card SCSI host adapter or an Adaptec AHA-2920 on the PCI bus.
HARDWAREThe following devices are currently supported by the driver:
- I-O DATA PCSC-DV
- KME KXLC002 (TAXAN ICD-400PN, etc.), KXLC004, and UJDCD450
- Macnica Miracle SCSI-II mPS110
- Media Intelligent MSC-110, MSC-200
- NEC PC-9801N-J03R
- New Media Corporation BASICS SCSI
- Qlogic Fast SCSI
- RATOC REX-9530, REX-5572 (SCSI only)
DIAGNOSTICSThe following error messages are sometimes returned:
- "SCSI BUS RESET failed"
- Usually returned when a failure occurs during the bus reset.
- "CMD_NOP failed"
- No operation or the operation has failed.
- A failure occurred during the DMA read/write operations.
The driver should return Bq Er ENODEV when any of the previously noted failures occur.