my $art = News::Scan::Article->new( ARG, [ OPTIONS, ] SCAN );
DESCRIPTIONThis module provides a derived class of "Mail::Internet" whose objects are suitable for digesting Usenet news articles.
- new ( ARG, [ OPTIONS, ] SCAN-OBJ )
The "ARG" and "OPTIONS" parameters are identical to those required by
"Mail::Internet", except "ARG" is required. See Mail::Internet.
The "SCAN" parameter should be a "News::Scan" object. See News::Scan.
If the article falls into the period of interest for "SCAN", the object is returned, else "undef".
- group ( [ SCAN-OBJ ] )
- Sets or returns an object's group depending on whether "SCAN-OBJ" is present.
- Returns the article's author represented as a "Mail::Address" object.
- Returns the article's Message-ID.
- Returns the article's subject.
- Returns the list of newsgroups this article was posted to.
- Returns the size of this article in bytes.
- Returns the size of this article's header in bytes.
- Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by headers.
- Returns the size of this article's body in bytes.
- Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by the body.
- Returns the size of this article's original content in bytes. See ``QuoteRE'' in News::Scan.
- Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by original content. Keep in mind that original content is a subset of the body.
- Returns the size of this article'ss signature in bytes.
- Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by the signature.
AUTHORGreg Bacon <[email protected]>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 1997 Greg Bacon. All Rights Reserved. This library is free software. You may distribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.