SYNOPSISntfsinfo [options] device
DESCRIPTIONntfsinfo will dump the attributes of inode inode-number or the file path-filename and/or information about the mft ( -m option). Run ntfsinfo without arguments for a full list of options.
OPTIONSBelow is a summary of all the options that ntfsinfo accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name.
- -F, --file FILE
- Show information about this file
- -f, --force
- This will override some sensible defaults, such as not overwriting an existing file. Use this option with caution.
- -h, --help
- Show a list of options with a brief description of each one.
- -i, --inode NUM
- Show information about this inode.
- -m, --mft
- Show information about the volume.
- -q, --quiet
- Produce less output.
- -t, --notime
- Do not display timestamps in the output.
- -v, --verbose
- Increase the amount of output that ntfsinfo prints.
- -V, --version
- Show the version number, copyright and license.
BUGSThere are no known problems with ntfsinfo. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team:
AUTHORSntfsinfo was written by Matthew J. Fanto, Anton Altaparmakov, Richard Russon, Szabolcs Szakacsits, Yuval Fledel, Yura Pakhuchiy and Cristian Klein. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson and Jean-Pierre Andre.
AVAILABILITYntfsinfo is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: