SYNOPSISnwrevoke [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name ] [ -t type ] [ -r rights ] file/directory
DESCRIPTIONnwrevoke revokes the specified bindery object with the corresponding trustee rights from the directory.
nwrevoke looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons.
- -h is used to print out a short help text.
- server is the name of the server you want to use.
- user is the user name to use for login.
- password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwrevoke prompts for a password.
- -n should be given if no password is required for the login.
- By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C.
-o object name
- The name of the object to be added as trustee.
-t object type
- The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. If object type is not specified, object name is taken as NDS name.
You must specify the file/directory from which to remove the object as
trustee. If you specified -S, it must be fully qualified
NetWare notation for DOS namespace. Otherwise it must be file or directory
mounted to your system using ncpfs.
nwrevoke -S NWSERVER -o linus -t 1 'src:bsd_src'
With this example, user linus is removed as trustee from the bsd_src directory on the src volume on server NWSERVER.
nwrevoke -o linus -t 1 /home/vana/ncpfs/nwserver/src/bsd_src
With this example, user linus is removed as trustee from the bsd_src directory.
AUTHORSnwrevoke was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding NetWare utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors.