DESCRIPTIONnxbrowse asks for a filename is none is given on the command line. The file is opened and can be interactively explored using the commands described below.
OPTIONSNo command line options are supported.
COMMANDSWhen the file is opened nxbrowse will print out its version number and the contents of the NXroot node of the NeXus file followed by its prompt: NX>
These case insensitive commands are recognised:
- Give out list of available commands. Synonym: info
- Exit the program. Synonym: quit
- List the contents of the current group. Synonym: ls
- open groupName
- Open the NeXus group groupName. Same as: cd groupName
- Closes the NeXus group groupName, i.e. moves up one level in the hierarchy. Same as: cd ..
- read dataItem [dimension indicies ...]
- Print the contents of the NeXus data item labelled dataItem. dimension indicies is an optional comma separated list of dimensions of the correct rank to specify one value.
- dump dataItem fileName
- Write the contents of the NeXus data item labelled dataItem to a new file named fileName.
- Toggle treating (signed and unsigned) byte data as characters.
If your version of nxbrowse has been compiled with readline support you can use tab completion for commands, groups and data.