Other Aliaslpbanner, psbanner
SYNOPSISlpbanner [ -l length ] [ -w width ] [ -P printer ] [ -L bannername ] [ -n loginname ] [ -h host ] [ -J jobtitle ] [ -C class ] [ -? option args ] [ all ]
DESCRIPTIONThe lpbanner program is used to print a simple banner on a fixed size font printer, the pclbanner program generates a PCL banner and the psbanner program generates a PostScript banner. All information to be printed is passed using command line arguments. In order to be compatible with vintage line printer spoolers, reads a line form standard input, but ignores the information.
- -w width
- Page width in characters (default 132).
- -l length
- Page length in lines (default 60).
- -P printer
- printer queue for banner information.
- -L bannername
- Name used on banner as main name.
- -n loginname
- Name used on banner as login name.
- -h host
- Name used on banner as host name.
- -J jobtitle
- String used on banner as main title.
- -C class
- String used on banner as class.
- -? value
- All other options and arguments provided by LPRng are ignored.
The following exit values are returned:
- zero (0)
- Successful completion.
- non-zero (!=0)
- An error occurred.
AUTHORPatrick Powell <[email protected]>.
HISTORYLPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is [email protected]; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to [email protected] with the word subscribe in the body.
The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net