SYNOPSIS[options ] [list of modules ]
DESCRIPTIONis a program which helps to configure compiler and linker flags for development frameworks. This allows build systems to detect other dependencies and use them with the system toolchain.
- Display the supported pkg-config version and exit.
- --atleast-pkgconfig-version = VERSION
- Exit with error if we do not support the requested pkg-config version.
- Print all errors on the main output stream instead of the error output stream.
- Do not display any errors at all.
- Walk all directories listed in the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environmental variable and display information on packages which have registered information there.
- Simulates resolving a dependency graph based on the requested modules on the command line. Dumps a series of trees denoting pkgconf's resolver state.
- Skip caching packages when they are loaded into the internal resolver. This may result in an alternate dependency graph being computed.
- Ignore `Conflicts' rules in modules.
- Learn about pkgconf's configuration strictly from environmental variables.
- --maximum-traverse-depth = DEPTH
- Impose a limit on the allowed depth in the dependency graph. For example, a depth of 2 will restrict the resolver from acting on child dependencies of modules added to the resolver's solution.
- Compute a deeper dependency graph and use compiler/linker flags intended for static linking.
- --atleast-version = VERSION
- Exit with error if a module's version is less than the specified version.
- --exact-version = VERSION
- Exit with error if a module's version is not exactly the specified version.
- --max-version = VERSION
- Exit with error if a module's version is greater than the specified version.
- Exit with a non-zero result if the dependency resolver was able to find all of the requested modules.
- Exit with a non-zero result if the dependency resolver uses an `uninstalled' module as part of it's solution.
- Forbids the dependency resolver from considering 'uninstalled' modules as part of a solution.
- --cflags , --cflags-only-I , --cflags-only-other
- Display either all CFLAGS, only -I CFLAGS or only CFLAGS that are not -I
- --libs , --libs-only-L , --libs-only-l , --libs-only-other
- Display either all linker flags, only -L linker flags, only -l linker flags or only linker flags that are not -L or -l
- --keep-system-cflags , --keep-system-libs
- Keep CFLAGS or linker flag fragments that would be filtered due to being included by default in the compiler.
- --define-variable = VARNAME = VALUE
- Define VARNAME as VALUE Variables are used in query output, and some modules' results may change based on the presence of a variable definition.
- Print all seen variables for a module to the output channel.
- --variable = VARNAME
- Print the value of VARNAME
- --print-requires , --print-requires-private
- Print the modules included in either the Requires field or the Requires.private field.
- Dump the dependency resolver's solution as a graphviz `dot' file. This can be used with graphviz to visualize module interdependencies.
- List of directories where `.pc' files are looked up.
- `sysroot' directory, will be prepended to every path defined in PKG_CONFIG_PATH Useful for cross compilation.
EXAMPLESDisplaying the CFLAGS of a package:
$ pkgconf --cflags foo