pod2latex -out mytex.tex *.pod
pod2latex -full -sections 'DESCRIPTION|NAME' SomeDir
pod2latex -prefile h.tex -postfile t.tex my.pod
DESCRIPTION"pod2latex" is a program to convert POD format documentation (perlpod) into latex. It can process multiple input documents at a time and either generate a latex file per input document or a single combined output file.
OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTSThis section describes the supported command line options. Minimum matching is supported.
- Name of the output file to be used. If there are multiple input pods it is assumed that the intention is to write all translated output into a single file. ".tex" is appended if not present. If the argument is not supplied, a single document will be created for each input file.
- Creates a complete "latex" file that can be processed immediately (unless "=for/=begin" directives are used that rely on extra packages). Table of contents and index generation commands are included in the wrapper "latex" code.
- Specify pod sections to include (or remove if negated) in the translation. See ``SECTION SPECIFICATIONS'' in Pod::Select for the format to use for section-spec. This option may be given multiple times on the command line.This is identical to the similar option in the "podselect()" command.
- This option causes the output "latex" to be slightly modified from the input pod such that when a "=head1 NAME" is encountered a section is created containing the actual pod name (rather than NAME) and all subsequent "=head1" directives are treated as subsections. This has the advantage that the description of a module will be in its own section which is helpful for including module descriptions in documentation. Also forces "latex" label and index entries to be prefixed by the name of the module.
- Specifies the "latex" section that is equivalent to a "H1" pod directive. This is an integer between 0 and 5 with 0 equivalent to a "latex" chapter, 1 equivalent to a "latex" section etc. The default is 1 ("H1" equivalent to a latex section).
- Print a brief help message and exit.
- Print the manual page and exit.
- Print information messages as each document is processed.
- A user-supplied preamble for the LaTeX code. Multiple values are supported and appended in order separated by ``\n''. See -prefile for reading the preamble from a file.
- A user supplied postamble for the LaTeX code. Multiple values are supported and appended in order separated by ``\n''. See -postfile for reading the postamble from a file.
- A user-supplied preamble for the LaTeX code to be read from the named file. Multiple values are supported and appended in order. See -preamble.
- A user-supplied postamble for the LaTeX code to be read from the named file. Multiple values are supported and appended in order. See -postamble.
BUGSKnown bugs are:
- Cross references between documents are not resolved when multiple pod documents are converted into a single output "latex" file.
- Functions and variables are not automatically recognized and they will therefore not be marked up in any special way unless instructed by an explicit pod command.
AUTHORTim Jenness <[email protected]>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
Copyright (C) 2000, 2003, 2004 Tim Jenness. All Rights Reserved.