SYNOPSISppm2raw [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONppm2raw converts a PPM to a Raw DV stream.
- NTSC output required.
- Maintain aspect ratio when scaling images.
- Scale images to the full frame size, regardless of aspect ratio
- Wide screen output (default: off).
- -p number
- Number of encoder passes (default is 3).
- -q qno
- Encoder qno.
- -b colour
- Use the colour triple for backgrounds - default is 000000. Format must be a hex string representing red, green, blue. For example, ffffff would be white.
- -A wav
- Use the wav to dub the output. The wav file must contain stereo, 16 bit samples at a frequency of 32khz, 44.1khz or 48khz.
- Two pass encoding (default: off).
- Show help message.
EXAMPLESppm2raw needs a PPM input provided on stdin. Fortunately, many tools generate PPM on stdout.
For example, to re-encode any ffmpeg compatible file or stream format to a PAL Raw DV stream which rescales the images according to the aspect ratio of the input using the following command:
ffmpeg -i 'some-file' -f ppmpipe - |
ppm2raw -a > file.dv
For NTSC, you would add -n to the ppm2raw command.
AVAILABILITYSee http://kino.schirmacher.de/ for the latest version.
AUTHORSppm2raw was written by Charles Yates <[email protected]>.