SYNOPSIS[--config-file file ] [[--config-option name = value ] ... ] [--foreground ]
DESCRIPTIONis the backend process in the Prayer Webmail system. A fresh backend is forked off whenever a user logs in.
This process contains all of the permanent state associated with that login session including one or more connections to a IMAP server and possibly connections to accountd servers. prayer-session communicates with the user using HTML over HTTP connections via the prayer(8)proxy.EachloginhasasessionIDthatthefrontendprocesses use to find the correct backend.
Backend server processes move into a dormant state after a certain period of inactivity, shutting down IMAP and accountd connections which can be easily resuscitated when the session wakes up. After a long period of inactivity, typically several hours the session process shuts down.
accepts the following command-line options:
- --config-file file
- Reads configuration from file instead of the default /etc/prayer/prayer.cf
- --config-option name = value
- Sets (overrides) the configuration option name to value Any number of options can be specified in this manner.
- Debug mode. Run a single process in the foreground.
- Can be set to specify the configuration file to use. The --config-file option takes precedence over this variable.
- Local hostname. Overrides the hostname setting in the configuration file as well as on the command line.
- Default configuration file.
- Location of standard templates. The templates are compiled into for performance reasons, so the template files are actually not used, but they are available for customization.