int rfio_chown (const char *path, uid_t new_uid, gid_t new_gid)
DESCRIPTIONrfio_chown sets the owner and the group of a directory/file to the numeric values in owner and group respectively. If owner or group is specified as -1, rfio_chown() does not change the corresponding ID of the file.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current directory or the full pathname.
The effective user ID of the process must match the owner of the file or be super-user.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The effective user ID does not match the owner of the file and is not super-user.
- The named file/directory does not exist or is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or write permission on the file itself is denied.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- new_uid or new_gid is invalid.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Timed out.
- Connection closed by remote end.
- Communication error.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team