SYNOPSISroffit [options] < inputfile > outputfile
DESCRIPTIONroffit converts the inputfile to outputfile. The inputfile must be an nroff formatted man page, and the outputfile will be an HTML document.
- The output HTML will not include any HTML, HEAD or BODY tags. Also not that when this is selected, there will be no inlined CSS but you will have to define the necessary classes yourself.
- Display version number and exit
Set a directory in which roffit will check for other man pages (in nroff
[name].[num] format) that this one refers to. If found, a <a href> link will
be made to that page with a html extension instead of the number. The file
name in the generated link will be prefixed by the dir given with
This works for references specified as manpage(3) (within the emhpasis foformatting) and in a plain .BR section (often used in the SEE ALSO section).
- Specify a directory to prefix generated href links created with the --mandir option. This defaults to ".".
- The nroff ".SH" section. These are normally the "headlines" before each sub section within the man page.
- The nroff ".IP" section. These are normally the bullet kind used to list each option out of several in a list. Usually followed by a p.level0 containining the descriptive text.
- Normal text at the first level. Normally not indented.
- Text at next logical indent level. Normally indented one level right.
- Text at the second logical indent level. Normally indented two levels right.
- Text marked to be bold.
- Text marked as a reference to another man page.
- Text marked to be emphasized.
- Used for the advertising final paragraph.