- roxterm [-? | --help] [--help-all] [--help-gtk] [-u | --usage] [--geometry=GEOM] [--appdir=DIR] [--profile=PROFILE | -p PROFILE] [--colour-scheme=SCHEME | --color-scheme=SCHEME | -c SCHEME] [--shortcut-scheme=SCHEME | -s SCHEME] [--separate] [--replace] [--fork] [--directory=DIR | -d DIR] [--show-menubar] [--hide-menubar] [--fullscreen-f] [--disable-sm] [--tab] [--zoom=ZOOM | -z ZOOM] [--title=TITLE | -T TITLE] [--tab-name=NAME | -n NAME] [--role=ROLE] [--execute COMMAND | -e COMMAND]
roxterm is a terminal emulator.
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- Show description of options.
- Show all options.
- Show all GTK+ options.
- Show summary of usage.
-d DIRECTORY --directory=DIRECTORY
- Run shell/command in DIRECTORY.
- Set size and/or position of terminal according to X geometry specification.
- Application directory when run as a ROX app.
- Whether to show or hide the menubar, overriding the profile. The default is to show it.
- Make initial terminal window take up the whole screen with no window furniture.
- Disable session management.
- If possible open the new terminal in an existing window rather than open a new window. If used in conjunction with -T/--title the tab will be placed in an existing window with the same title template if one exists. This option overrides --zoom and --fullscreen.
--zoom=ZOOM -z ZOOM
- Scale terminal's font by a factor of ZOOM (1.0 is normal size).
-p PROFILE --profile=PROFILE
- Use the named profile.
-c SCHEME --colour-scheme=SCHEME --color-scheme=SCHEME
- Use the named colour scheme.
-s SCHEME --shortcut-scheme=SCHEME
- Use the named keyboard shortcut scheme.
--title=TITLE -T TITLE
- Set window title template. May include "%s" which is substituted with the full contents of the tab's label.
--tab-name=NAME -n NAME
- Set tab name as displayed in its label. May include "%s" which is substituted with the window title string set by the terminal.
- Use a separate process for this terminal.
- Always fork into the background. Usually the first instance stays in the foreground and subsequent invocations return once they have asked the master instance to handle their command. This option causes the master instance to fork itself into the background; the foreground process returns once the master is ready to handle further commands.
- Replace any existing instance as ROXTerm D-BUS service provider.
- Sets the X window system "role" hint for the window being created.
- Execute remainder of the command line inside the terminal. Must be the final option. If there is only one following argument it is parsed in case it is a command with space-separated arguments that was passed to roxterm in quotes. If there is more than one argument they are treated as a command and arguments without parsing.
This manual page was written by Tony Houghton <[email protected]>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.
Copyright © 2005-2011 Tony Houghton