rredtool [ options ] --merge patches...
rredtool [ options ] --patch file-to-patch patches...
rredtool directory newfile oldfile mode
DESCRIPTIONrredtool is a tool to handle a subset of ed patches in a safe way. It is especially targeted at ed patches as used in Packages.diff and Sources.diff. Is also has a mode supposed to be called from reprepro as Index Hook to generate and update a Packages.diff/Index file.
MODIOne of the following has to be given, so that rredtool know that to do.
- Print the version of this tool (or rather the version of reprepro which it is coming with).
- Print a short overview of the modi.
- The first argument of rredtool is the file to patch, the other arguments are ed patches to apply on this one.
- The arguments are treated as ed patches, which are merged into a single one.
- --reprepro-hook (or no other mode flag)
Act as reprepro index hook to manage a Packages.diff/index file.
That means it expects to get exactly 4 arguments
and writes the names of files to place into filedescriptor 3.
If neither --patch nor --merge is given, this mode is used, so you can just put
DebIndices: Packages Release . .gz /usr/bin/rredtool
into reprepro's conf/distributions file to have a Packages.diff directory generated. (Note that you have to generate an uncompressed file (the single dot). You will need to have patch, gzip and gunzip available in your path.)
- Print intermediate results or other details that might be interesting when trying to track down bugs in rredtool but not intresting otherwise.
- When generating a Packages.diff/Index file, put at most count patches in it (not counting possible apt workaround patches).
- Not yet implemented.
- TMPDIR, TEMPDIR
- temporary files are created in $TEMPDIR if set, otherwise in $TMPDIR if set, otherwise in /tmp/.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs or wishlist requests the Debian BTS (e.g. by using reportbug reperepro) or directly to <[email protected]>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2009 Bernhard R. Link
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.