DESCRIPTIONThis tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed.
Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise.
SETUPYou'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this.
0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt3/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards
This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user.
OPTIONSThis tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging.
- Display this documentation
- Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate them
- --epoch SECONDS
- Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007).
- Print out some tracing information (such as which dashboards are being generated and sent out)
- Print out more tracing information (such as each user and subscription that is being considered)
Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be
used with --dryrun)