SYNOPSISsamusrgrp [options] <samfile>
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the samusrgrp command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
samusrgrp is a non-interactive command line utility that can add or remove a user from a local group that exists in the SAM user database of a Microsoft Windows system (Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, etc.). This file is usually located at \WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM on the file system of a Microsoft Windows Operating System
On success, the program does not output any informatin and the exit code is 0.
The binary program supports multiple names. If it is called named samusrtogrp it will assume -a mode (add user). If it is called named samusrfromgrp it will assume -r mode (remove user).
- Show summary of options.
- The user is added to the group. This option has to be followed by -u and -g .
- The user is removed from the group. This option has to be followed by -u and -g .
- -u <user>
- User to change. The user value can be provided as a username, or a RID number in hexadecimal (if the username is preceded with '0x'). Usernames including international characters will probably not work.
- -g <group>
- Group to change. The group can only be given as a group number, in hexadecimal, preceded with with '0x'.
- Lists the groups in the SAM database.
- Lists the groups in the SAM database as well as their members.
- Print the machine SID.
- Output human readable output. The program by default will print a parsable table unless this option is used.
- Do not allocate more information, only allow the editing of existing values with same size.
- Do not expand the hive file (safe mode).
- Print debug information of allocated blocks.
Print verbose information and debug messages.
- samusrgrp -a -u theboss -g 0x220 SAMFILE
Adds a user named 'theboss' to the group 0x220 (Administrators)
- samusrgrp -a -u 0x3ea -g 0x221 SAMFILE
Adds a user with the id '0x3aa' to the group 0x221 (Users)
- samusrgrp -r -u 0x3ff -g 0x221 SAMFILE
Remove a user with the id '0x3ff' from the group 0x221 (Users)
If the username includes international (non-ASCII) characters the program will not (usually) find it. Use the RID number instead.
AUTHORThis program was written by Petter N Hagen.
This manual page was written by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <[email protected]>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).