DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the saydate command.
saydate is a Linux shell program that talks the current date through the computer's sound device. It is adapted from the shell version of saytime.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below.
- Say weekday name (Sunday..Saturday).
- Say month name (January..December).
- Say day of month (the 1st..31st).
- Say year (1970...).
- Say the system uptime (uptime is 7 days 3 hours 47 minutes).
- Say the phrase the date is.
- Say the word the.
- Say the word and.
- Show summary of options.
- Show version of program.
- sound files needed to say the date.
- skript to convert files from au to raw for own recordings of saydate's voice.