SYNOPSISsb2-logz [options] < logfile
DESCRIPTIONsb2-logz reads logs created by scratchbox2 and writes summaries (the log files can be really huge, and manually digging out information from them might be a time-consuming task).
Logs are produced when sb2 is executed with -d (debug) or -L options (e.g. "-L info")
- no blacklist: do not ignore log lines from functions like __xstat() (there is a built-in blacklist, which tries to minimize "noise" caused by various libraries and scratchbox2 itself)
- -B fn1,fn2,..
- blacklist funcions fn1,fn2,..: ignore lines generated by the listed library calls.
- -d level
- debug mode, for debugging the script itself.
- show help text.
- print details about 'disabled' pathnames (unmodifed paths, because mapping was momentarily disabled)
- print long details (affects output of -i,-m,-r,-p etc)
- print details about mapped pathnames (src->dest)
- print all 'notice' messages
- print details about passed pathnames ('passed path' = not mapped)
- print reversed mappings (dest->src)
- print process statistics
- verbose mode, prints dots while reading input etc.
- -P file.dot
- write process diagram to file.dot (postprocess it with 'dot', e.g. 'dot -Tpdf file.dot >file.pdf'
- -E file.dot
- write execution diagram to file.dot (postprocess it with 'dot', e.g. 'dot -Tpdf file.dot >file.pdf'
- -A acct-file
Read process accounting information from acct-file
(enhances output of -P and -E)'
BUGSOption -A requires an accounting log, which has to be activated separately. Generation of accounting information typically requires super-user privileges (or CAP_SYS_PACCT capability on Linux). This is an system-level restriction, and not fault of scratchbox2. However, sb2-logz has some limitations: Correlating information from the accounting log is based on process ids, and the heuristics may fail if there were really many processes; The -P, -E and -A options may be less useful for longer runs. Best results are achieved if process accounting is switched on just before the scratchbox2 session is created, and switched off afterwards - and there is nothing else running on the host at the same time.