scrobbler-helper [-nv] [-e encoding] [-f configfile] -P progname
-V progver title artist album year comment genre length
DESCRIPTIONThe scrobbler-helper utility uses the "Audio::Scrobbler" module to submit a single track's information to Last.fm's AudioScrobbler - http://www.audioscrobbler.com/. It requires the program (plug-in) name and version to be specified on the command line, and also requires all seven track attributes, although some of them may be omitted by supplying empty strings.
The following command-line options are recognized:
- -e encoding
- Specify the character encoding of the track info, if it is neither UTF-8 nor the one specified via default_encoding in the configuration file.
- -f configfile
- Specify a different configuration file, not ~/.scrobbler-helper.conf.
- Do not actually perform the handshake and submission (sets the "Audio::Scrobbler" ``fake'' option).
- -P progname
- Specify the name of the AudioScrobbler plug-in submitting the data. This option is mandatory!
- Verbose operation - display diagnostic messages to the standard output (sets the "Audio::Scrobbler" ``verbose'' option).
- -V progver
- Specify the version of the AudioScrobbler plug-in submitting the data. This option is mandatory!
Besides the command line, the scrobbler-helper utility also retrieves information from a per-user configuration file, usually ~/.scrobbler-helper.conf; it is a INI-style file, which must contain a secion named ``global''. The following variables are recognized, with username and password being mandatory:
- * default_encoding
- The encoding to assume for the track info, if none is supplied with the -e command-line option. If neither -e is given on the command line nor default_encoding specified in the configuration file, the scrobbler-helper utility assumes UTF-8.
- * fix_track_name
A boolean flag specifying whether to do some trivial fixes on the song
name before submitting it. Currently, this only removes a ``DD. ''
sequence at the start of the name, where 'D' is a digit.
The values "on", "true", "yes", and 1 are considered to be true.
- * password
- The password for the AudioScrobbler account.
- * username
- The username for the AudioScrobbler account.
[global] username=jrandomlistener password=mylittlesecret # Optional (the default is UTF-8) default_encoding=windows-1251 # Optional (the default is "no") fix_track_name=yes
- Command-line options, so people don't have to submit everything...
- Storing and caching of unsuccessful submissions for later retrying.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSECopyright (C) 2005, 2006 by Peter Pentchev.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.7 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available.
$Id: scrobbler-helper 88 2006-01-02 09:16:32Z roam $