8-bit to Unicode:
- sfconv -8u [-utf8|-be|-le] [-bom] -c ControlFile [-d MappingDirectory] -i InFile -o OutFile
Unicode to 8-bit:
- sfconv -u8 [-utf8|-be|-le] -c ControlFile [-d MappingDirectory] -i InFile -o OutFile
DESCRIPTIONA tool for converting Standard Format (SF) files is included in the current TECkit package. This is sfconv , a command-line tool that uses an XML “control file” to specify the mappings associated with the various markers in an SF file. Note that the current SFconv tool should be considered a prototype rather than a full solution to the issue of SF conversions. A more complete tool with an improved user interface would be desirable.
OPTIONSThe SFconv utility uses command-line options to specify the conversion direction, control file, and input and output files. The required arguments are:
- conversion direction: 8-bit to Unicode or vice versa
- specifies XML control file
- specifies filename of input SF file
specifies filename for converted output
In addition, the following optional arguments may be used if appropriate:
- directory where mapping files ( .tec files) are to be found
- Unicode encoding form: UTF-8, UTF-16BE, or UTF16-LE (default is UTF8 for output, or detected from input file if BOM is present)
- (only when mapping to Unicode) write initial BOM to the output file
- (only when mapping to Unicode) normalize to NFC or NFD
Further InformationFor further information see the document TECkit_version_2.1.doc.pdf found in /usr/share/doc/teckit on a Debian system.